Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Office is Getting terrible

Hey. I appreciate you stopping by. I want to complain about the Office for a minute.

If I were to give grades to the first three episodes, here they are:
Premier: B-
Second episode: C-
Third Episode: D-

I have been annoyed by the Office in the past and I have been compelled to make comments but this is the first blog post I have ever wanted to write about it.

I just want to tell the writers that we get it. Jim and Pam have the perfect relationship and they complete each other more completely than any one has ever completed anyone else. We know that they had a hard courtship and that at times Jim was so broken up he couldn't eat and even moved away.

The most recent stunt that they pulled that made me mad was when Pam was walking around telling people she wanted money in stead of gifts for her wedding. She feels bad and awkward about it but, my question is this. Did she not think about how it was going to make others feel? Who is ever going to choose to shop for a gift for someone they don't know that well when they could just give them the money? It is easier and you know your gift is exactly what they wanted.

The line that really set me off came in the scene where Pam looks at the check Kevin gave her.
It was, as follows: "Is that what I've become? Shallow? Materialistic? It says Mrs. Pam Halpert!!!"

It is, in my opinion, more materialistic to want money or things? Equal. It is my belief that desiring one over the other isn't more acceptable. They are the same thing.

Another thing that bugged me about that part was when seeing her name on the check brought her right out of her sorrow. Or worry. Or whatever emotion you want to call it. I guess her seeing that was enough to remind her that no matter how short on money they are, Pam and Jim will always have each other.

Just so everyone knows, I only speak this harshly because I truly love the Office and want to see it do well.

I love you all.

5 comments:

  1. It all went downhill after season 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit, that these past episodes have not been my favorite, but I do not think they're as bad as you're making them out to be.

    And hobo572, whoever you be, do you even know what you're talking about? Puh-lease. Season 3 was freaking hilarious and 4 and 5 had their high points. Go home. Just kidding. But seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totes agree with the selbs. through and through.

    but, i respect you sir auror

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do even know what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i tend to agree with eric... but i cannot let go as of yet, i just cannot. i'm too emotionally involved.

    ReplyDelete