Friday, October 2, 2009

Kurt Vonngut strikes again!

It is two a.m. and I am reading 'Mother Night' by Kurt Vonnegut. Say what you will about his personal beliefs of existentialism, I say he is the greatest writer of fiction in the last one hundred years. Maybe ever.

I read this line and I had to share it.

"...This may also be so. I had hoped, as a broadcaster, to be merely ludicrous, but this is a hard world to be ludicrous in, with so many human beings so reluctant to laugh, so incapable of thought, so eager to believe and snarl and hate...
Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifyingly and absolutely vile."

1 comment:

  1. wow. that quote made me feel things. i've decided to come out with a new perfume called, "very vonnegut"

    i have no idea how to make perfume. that's how much i love his writing.

    ReplyDelete